This topic is now read-only on GameSpot.
To post new messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same email and password that you use on GameSpot.
- Apr 4, 2005 11:47 am GMTNote to REAL gaijin:
I made a dual tree sorc and she was stopped in act 1hell by the pita known as Countess. In hell she's always fire and cold immune...
From: gaijin | Posted: 4/3/2005 8:38:35 PM | Message Detail
"If somethings immune to both... good luck."
I do believe the countess is always immune to both Fire and Cold in Hell Difficulty
I believe the phrase we're looking here is self pwnt...
- Apr 4, 2005 12:48 pm GMTyes that optional quest is a killer...
just spam static shock and then hire a crappy bowazon merc (in classic) and then have it shoot it a couple times.
- Apr 4, 2005 2:23 pm GMTabout 1/4 the times I play there's at least one high council member with 2 immunes. Sometime's it's physical and their normal one, but more often it's two elements. My dual tree sorc heavily sucks (she was my first sorc, and 2nd char overall, so that kinda tells you why). I liked hydra and frozen orb, but it's not doing enough fire damage on the cold immunes. I should rebuild, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.ElevatorChief: Yes
- Apr 4, 2005 2:53 pm GMTDark when you say you werent doing enough damage are you in a game by yourself or with 8 other people? If i make a private game i can do chaos (slow and cautios like someone else said) and i have a 3 tree sorc; ts, fb, hydra (yes 2 fire skills i like fire and forget for ob nights but fbs damage is way better) and bliz with tele and mana shield.
- Apr 4, 2005 3:03 pm GMTIt's alone. She's MF too, so obviously I'm not getting much from her equip. She's a 3 tree sorc too. Only one in most skills for lightning tho. She's orb (20), hydra(5), meteor(4), nrg shield (2), and a couple into some other skills. I also put a handful in stuff like frozen nova and fire wall a long time ago. I have all the skills too, so I actually have a lot of skills I put points into that I don't use.ElevatorChief: Yes
- Apr 4, 2005 4:47 pm GMTwell obviously those sorcs aren't gonna work! Duel tree sorcs require meticulous planning and pefect skill placements. You need fire masteries and synergies, and to pick two skills. The only pheasible duel tree sorcs are chainlightening/orb or fb/orb MAYBE meteor/orb if your solid at aiming meteors. They're not going to be uber 1337 roxorz, but they'll be able to kill.
- Apr 4, 2005 6:17 pm GMTMine works alright actually i can solo chaos (it can be a ***** to kill ice and fire ims but it can be done). My gear is split close to down the middle with +5 skills and around 200 mf (silks, tarn, chancies, 2 nagels, culwens (want gull no luck) decent rare boots, sigons shield, + 1 mf rare ammy
- Apr 4, 2005 6:24 pm GMTWell, I'm not 100% certain what's possible in Classic 1.10, but I would think the following skills at level 20 accompanied by a mastery at the same level would do well.
Fire Tree has Fire Wall, Meteor, and (maybe!) Hydra. Fireball just needs too many synergies to be effective, and Blaze will never match Fire Wall.
Lightning Tree has Lightning, Chain Lightning, and (maybe!) Nova. Charged Bolt and Thunderstorm... Hrmmm, I personally think that TS doesn't deal damage fast enough or reliably to deal with anything, and Charged Bolt needs way too many synergies to be effective.
Cold Tree has Blizzard and Frozen Orb. Glacial Spike just won't cut it in Hell.
Pairing any two skills from seperate trees with a level 20 mastery should give you a sorc that can solo almost the entire game, even if you occasionally have to make a new game to roll bosses with less potent mods to continue.
Of course, as was mentioned, 10 or so points into Static Field means that for non-lightning immunes, all you really need is enough damage to finish the monsters off... So if you decide to go that route, you could feasibly use something else as a finisher, even an enchanted sorc weilding a SteelDriver or Ripsaw, if need be. You gotta do what you gotta do.
- Apr 4, 2005 11:26 pm GMTHow should I be spending my skill points early on with a barbarian? I'm level 6 right now. I've just been improving my weapon mastery with swords so far. I was thinking about just maxing it out before moving on to the other skills. Is this a good idea?
If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.
- Apr 5, 2005 6:56 am GMTYes, that is definitely a good idea.
- Apr 5, 2005 2:49 pm GMTactually you should begin to work the trail to whirlwind and battle orders. You need a couple pre-requisite skills in order to get these. By level 24 you should get battle ordres (IIRC) and then by level 30 you should get whirlwind. Max BO first, then WW, then finish weapon mastery, then move to shout. Throw points into passive skills along the way too. Check out my guide (its a thread, near the top of the page) for more info.
- Apr 5, 2005 5:22 pm GMTWell, yeah, I mean it's pretty obvious that you should have all the prerequisistes for your chosen skills, as well as a single point into those skills. But overall, maxxing out your chosen mastery before worrying about WW or BO or whatever will give you more damage and attack rating, as well as a higher chance for critical hits, earlier on.
- Apr 7, 2005 11:35 am GMTI need some help. Recently, I got my computer fixed last Sunday, so I'm back on the Diablo 2 world. At any rate, I'm looking into making my first barbarian. I've done some research, and decided to make a concentrator/iron barb. This build will mainly be for pvm, though I would like to try a couple of melee duels with it. So far, I have...
Battle Orders- 20
Weapon Mastery(Undecided which one)- 15
Berserk-1 (for PI uniques)
Str- 100, or 170
Dex- However much needed for Max Block
Vit- Everything Else
Armor- Twitch or High Def Ornate
Boots- Vidala's/Goblin Toe
Rings- Angelic/ Cathan's
Shield- Sigs/Swordback Hold/ 3 P Diamond shield
For the equipment, what sort of armor should I wear? I have a Twitchthroe, which would provide increased chance to block, and I have a high defence armor around 830, but requires 170 str to use it.
Secondly, I need to know which kind of weapon to use. I am unsure of any decent unique one handed axes or swords. What is the most reliable one handed weapon Damage and Attack speed wise?
Next, what % should I aim for life/mana leach?
What should my base Dexterity be around?
And lastly, will this build be able to solo Hell?
If there's anything else I should know about making a barbarian or if I missed something, please let me know.
"I'll fight, till from my bones my flesh be hacked. Give me my armor."-Macbeth
- Apr 7, 2005 1:58 pm GMTWhy concentration/iron skin barb? For the high defense? Concentration barbs can probably solo hell, but I'm telling you now it's going to be hard and slow.
You'll definitely want to get your Wep mastery to max. I'd recommend taking some off of increased speed. People always say how important it is to be able to move really fast, but I just don't see it. Besides, you only get a 2 percent increase on lvl 6. If you still really like this skill, you might as well stop on lvl 5 if, where you still get a 3 percent increase. I can't tell you much else since I've never played a concentration barb.
You'll need to know what equip you have to decide most of the stats. I'd recommend something with fast attack speed. You'll be attacking super slow if you try to go with something like a BH. Dex does not effect block at all. You could put every point you ever get into dex, and still only have the amount of block that's on your shield.
Find some rares. Use angelic/ammy combo earlier on. You'll probably need very high leach too, since you're going to be attacking so slowly. With WW barbs, they're attacking once every 4 frames, and about 15 leach is good in hell. You'll need much more than that, since you'll be attacking much slower than that. I'd recommend twitch since you won't be getting the blocking penalty you do if you WW, which is the main reason I've never used twitch on a barb. For your wep, you'll definitely need some rares. Uniques just don't cut it in hell. Nagas are probably your best best in terms of a good proportion between damage and attack speed. If you end up keeping the angelic ammy/ring combo, you won't need to have like super high dex or anything, but you'd be sacrificing leach.ElevatorChief: Yes
- Apr 7, 2005 6:10 pm GMT^^^
Okay. Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to go for a Conc/Iron Barb build because WW is too overplayed. I like to be different than everyone else. Besides, it looked pretty appeasing what with uninteruptable attack, and high def. The Berserk seems way too difficult to make a decent character with, so I just figured Conc would be the next best thing. I guess I will toy around with it. I'm at level 16 now, with 9 skill points left, so I can still save it now. Well, thank you for your help.
"I'll fight, till from my bones my flesh be hacked. Give me my armor."-Macbeth
- Apr 7, 2005 6:18 pm GMTTwitchthroe + high damage naga = best bet. You'll need the block and fhr especially since your a concentrator. Nagas have a range of 3 as well, so they're just as effective as executionar swords, but WAY less dex. This will give you more valuable points into vitality. Good luck.
- Apr 8, 2005 3:31 am GMTBut whats the point of a high def barb if your armor has low def?
- Apr 8, 2005 6:38 am GMTHahahaha.
- Apr 8, 2005 8:37 pm GMTwow i explained this a trillion times. Life + FHR + block >>> defense. Plus your defense will already be off the heazy with shout, ironskin, and concentrate.
- Apr 8, 2005 9:06 pm GMTLevels play a much larger role than defense and attack rating, in my own personal experience, as well.
Diablo II Navigation