Perplexing Pool, Part 2
Assemble a group of yellow and blue pikmin and move toward the rivers edge. Note that youll have to combat a series of creatures on the way. Beware of sheargrubs and the wollywog in the river specifically. Use your captains against the wollywog if you have trouble using pikmin. If you do use pikmin, use blue since youre so close to the water.
With the river clear, move your blue pikmin across the river and extend the log bridge. Cross the bridge with your yellow pikmin and through them over the gap in the wall toward the treasure object. Use your whistle and "C-stick" to guide the yellow pikmin toward the electric fence. Just move your captain through the water and hug the wall so the pikmin follow. Disable the electric fence. Send the blue pikmin in to recover the object while you toss the yellow pikmin back over the wall. Rescue them over the bridge. The blue pikmin will take the can top (Optical Illustration) to the ship.
Assemble a group of blue pikmin and exit the landing spot. Go around the right side toward the lake. Eliminate the creature in the middle of the lake by throwing blue pikmin onto its tail. Stay away from the creatures mouth. Eliminate the creature to recover the float (Aquatic Mine).
Reassemble your blue pikmin and cross the lake. Go along the narrow path on the left and extend the log bridge toward the electric fence. Guide the yellow pikmin over the narrow path carefully (use the "C-stick" to keep them out of the water) and start to disable the fence. Once the fence is down, take the blue pikmin inside and break the rock in the pool. This drains all water from the pool and lake allowing any type of pikmin to cross. It also reveals a cave entrance.
Before going into the cave, take a group of pikmin that includes whites to the drained lake. Eliminate the wollywog with captains and move the white pikmin around until you locate the buried treasure (follow your gauge) at the back edge of the lake. The white pikmin will dig up the shell (Fortified Delicacy) and return it to the ship.
Use blue pikmin to destroy the wall on the left end of the river. Move the blue pikmin through and eliminate the wollywog using your captain or pikmin. Your treasure gauge will reveal a buried treasure on the small island of land. You just need to get whites over. Take your other captain and assemble a group of white pikmin. Go behind the landing spot and youll find a short wall overlooking that island below. Toss the white pikmin onto the short wall. Now with your other captain, already at the island, whistle the white pikmin down. Move them onto the buried treasure and the white pikmin will dig up the onion (Onion Replica) and use blue pikmin to return the treasure to the ship.
Take a group of blue pikmin and destroy a wall on the right edge of the river. Beware of the wollywog that possibly lurks nearby. Two crawfish creatures lurk on the other side of the wall. Lure them out of the holes (but keep your pikmin away). When the crawfish return to the hole, swarm with your pikmin. Continue toward the stone platforms. Eliminate the blowhog here by tossing your pikmin onto it.
There are four stone platforms here. Once again you must move them using weight. The trick is using your two captains effectively. Heres the solution:
- First, throw up 20 to 30 blue pikmin onto the high ledge near the fourth stone platform (farthest on the left). You need at least 20 but a few extra in case doesnt hurt.
- Angle your toss so the pikmin land on the ledge. It can be challenging to get them there but it is possible.
- Place one captain on the block farthest to the right (away from the ledge).
- Using your other captain, toss pikmin onto the block second from the left. This raises the block with the solo captain.
- Switch to that captain and move him to the next block.
- Switch captains again and toss pikmin onto the left most block. This lowers a nearby blocking allowing the other captain to move again. Move him.
- Switch back and toss pikmin onto the right most block. This raises the other captains block.
- Move him again to the block just under the ledge.
- Switch again and throw pikmin onto the block second from the right.
- This raises the other captains block and he can now get onto the ledge.
- Take the pikmin over to the treasure. Youll need at least 20 to carry it.
- Allow the blue pikmin to return the nut (Massage Girdle) to the ship.
Assemble a group of every pikmin type (a full 100) and cross the drained lake. Move to the cave entrance opened earlier by your blue pikmin.