I'll seriously consider downloading it to my 360, now. I've heard great things about the expansion... with the error being the only hang up.
Latest patch for Bethesda's open-ended RPG joined by demo for The Hell in Vietnam and community-produced maps.
Addicts of The Elder Scrolls IV can now download the finished v1.2.0416 patch, which includes a number of bug fixes for both Oblivion and Shivering Isles, so they can continue their questing crash-free. A word of caution, however, as this new patch requires a reinstallation of Oblivion if you had installed one of the beta patches.
Rounding out the downloads for the day on GameSpot are demos for Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek and The Hell in Vietnam, as well as patches for City Life: World Edition, Anarchy Online, and Pacific Storm. Battlefield 2142, Titan Quest, and Neverwinter Nights 2 have new mods available, and Half-Life 2, Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, and Supreme Commander received some new maps. Also, Conquer Online got an updated game client, and a 3D screenshot full of eye candy from FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage Head-On Collision is ready to go.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles v1.2.0416 Patch
- The Hell in Vietnam Demo
- Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek Demo
- Anarchy Online v17.2.1 to v17.3.0 Incremental Patch
- Anarchy Online: Shadowlands v17.2.1 to v17.3.0 Incremental Patch
- City Life: World Edition Vista Patch
- Pacific Storm v1.4 Patch
- Half-Life 2 DM Raventown Map
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Map Pack 5
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Map Pack 6
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Map Pack 7
- Supreme Commander The Beltway v0.02 Map
- Supreme Commander Desert Fox v0.01 Map
- Supreme Commander Helena's Embrace v0.01 Map
- Battlefield 2142 Clan Mod v2.10
- Battlefield 2142 Clan Mod v2.10 Server
- Neverwinter Nights 2 Keep on the Borderlands v1.0.1 Module
- Titan Quest Frozen World Demo Alpha v0.0.59 Mod
- Conquer Online Game Client
- FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage Head-on Collision 3D Screenshot
Know about a cool file that we don't have? Send us the link!
Good thing I haven't gotten SI yet. (course kudos to the gamers for making an unofficial fix that seemed to fix the problem until Bethesda officially fixed in in a decently timely manner)
Shivering Isles's only real problem is that the error was also in the X360 version, where there isn't the excuse of virtually every user having a different system. Otherwise, vaejas is unreasonable.
@vaejas: I find it's better to buy a game after the developer finishes it... which is usually 6-12 months after release. @YukoAsho: Yeah, this isn't new to PC gaming... what I find alarming is that it's now, thanks to the miracle of technology, happening in console games, lol.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 11:33 pm AEST
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 17, 2013 5:44 am AEST