San Francisco, CA – March 30, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that Far Cry Instincts Predator for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Far Cry Instincts Evolution for the Xbox video game and entertainment system from Microsoft are available in stores today. Far Cry Instincts Evolution for Xbox introduces players to an entirely new story, and new characters and game features that reflect and improve upon the critically acclaimed elements of the first title. Far Cry Instincts Predator for Xbox 360 includes both Far Cry Instincts Evolution and an enhanced version of the original Far Cry Instincts game. Both games are rated "M" for Mature and have an MSRP of $59.99 for Far Cry Instincts Predator and $29.99 for Far Cry Instincts Evolution.
"Ubisoft is building on the critically acclaimed Far Cry Instincts brand with the addition of a stellar new adventure that fans of the franchise have been anxiously awaiting," said Tony Key, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "With an action-packed single-player campaign and an array of addictive multiplayer modes, combined with the highest graphical quality available on current and next-generation consoles, Far Cry Instincts Predator for Xbox 360 and Far Cry Instincts Evolution for Xbox further exemplify why Far Cry is one of the hottest franchises available to the Xbox audience."
About the Game* The incident at Jacutan Archipelago changed Jack Carver's life forever. Jack has had little choice but to embrace the disturbing talents unleashed by Krieger's unique brand of folk medicine. Back at his home port in Micronesia, Jack thought he had finally found paradise. But when a gorgeous woman draws him in on a dangerous heist, their sun-drenched days take a chilling turn. Hunted for a murder he didn't commit, Jack must draw on his most savage instincts to make his predators his prey.
Game features include:
- Wage war across land, sea and air in a breathtaking tropical wilderness. Take control of 10 drivable vehicles like gliders, ATVs and jet-skis, as well as new vehicles like armored pickups and transport trucks.
- Experience massive gunfights with over 20 action-packed weapons. Cause some serious damage with shotguns, machines guns, traps, and all-new weapons like poisonous dart guns and Molotov cocktails.
- Hunt and be hunted by unnervingly brilliant AI enemies or battle friends in 22 multiplayer missions and 5 customizable game modes. Includes all the classic modes like Predator, as well as the all-new Seek-and-Secure mode.
- Create the perfect paradise. Build your own custom maps and share them on the Xbox Live online gaming service for explosive multiplayer action
- Refers to Far Cry Instincts Evolution. Far Cry Instincts Predator includes both Far Cry Instincts Evolution and 2005's Far Cry Instincts.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 538 million Euros for the 2004–2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Far Cry Instincts, Far Cry Instincts Predator, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Based on Crytek's original Far Cry, directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek's technology "CryEngine." Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.