LOS ANGELES, CA - April 22, 2004 -Crave Entertainment, a leading publisher of console videogames, today announced that Future Tactics: The Uprising has reached gold master status for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube.
Packed with action, Future Tactics is a turn-based tactical RPG that looks and feels like an action/platform game. Built around a highly complex turn-based battle engine, the adventure showcases a single-player Story Mode, as well as a two-player Battle Mode. The plot is set in the not too distant future, when Earth as we know it has succumbed to a race of extra-dimensional creatures. Now the final hope for restoring order to the planet rests on the shoulders of a young boy, his sister and a rag-tag assembly of unlikely warriors.
Future Tactics: The Uprising features:
- 18 stylized and high-polygon characters interacting in rich, full 3D
- Unique, number-free turn-based tactical combat system designed to keep
- players immersed in the action, not the stats
- 19 action-packed, highly intense levels waiting to be conquered
- Massively deformable terrain. Landscape can be permanently destroyed, leaving behind craters and canyons.
- Compelling storyline told through fully animated and voiced cut scenes
- Two-player customizable battle mode lets gamers tweak handicaps, powerups and victory conditions
- Experience point system allows custom building of team members, allocating upgrades as players see fit
- Boot Camp tutorial mode allows novice players to learn good tactics right away
Scheduled for release in Q2 2004, Future Tactics: The Uprising will be available for the Xbox, Nintendo GameCubeä and the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system.
About Crave Entertainment:
Based in Los Angeles, California, Crave Entertainment is a privately held publisher of videogame entertainment products. Crave produces games for the major console platforms including Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, the PlayStation game console, PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, and for the PC. For more information about Crave Entertainment, please visit http://www.cravegames.com.
Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. # # #
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 11:33 pm AEST
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 17, 2013 5:44 am AEST