Get more information about the game.
Super Smash Bros. Melee is the ultimate four-player fighting game with unpredictable action and nonstop animated onslaughts. Easy to pick up and play but extremely difficult to master, Super Smash Bros. Melee is the ultimate party game. After all, what's more fun than humiliating your best friend by hurling him 200 feet into the sky with a Jigglypuff Smash attack?
As you might guess, the most striking aspect of Super Smash Bros. Melee is its incredible visuals. Mario's overalls are detailed down to the rivets, and Princess Peach's dress flutters in the breeze with amazing realism. Special attacks take full advantage of Nintendo GameCube's potential for spectacular lighting effects, and there is no slow-down whatsoever even when the screen fills up with swarming Pokemon.
If you're worried that Super Smash Bros. Melee might stray too far from the gameplay mechanics found in the original Smash Bros., stop stressing. The basic premise (which in our opinion neared perfection) is the same. Characters duke it out in interactive environments, using special attacks and various items to knock each other into the abyss. Some new defensive techniques add an even deeper level of complexity to the combat.
New to Melee is the ability to dodge attacks and projectiles. All characters can execute a mid-air dodge, or lean away from danger while standing on the ground. Also, you can catch most thrown items by pressing the A Button just before the object hits your fighter. All characters can execute a move similar to Fox's reflector shield by pressing the shield button just before a projectile hits.
This game has it all. In addition to traditional battle royale matches, players can select all-new ways to play like Coin Mode (bash players, collect Coins), Tournament Mode (up to 64 players), and lots more. Super Smash Bros. Melee is the ultimate in frenzied four-player fighting!
- Fight to the finish with over 20 characters from the Nintendo universe, including Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Fox, Samus, and many more.
- Use a wide variety of special items like Warp Stars, Home Run Bats, Hammers, Ray Guns, Poke Balls, and more to get a leg up on the competition.
- All-new moves and techniques add even more subtle ways to refine your battle tactics.
- Even solo brawlers will be entertained in a beefed-up single-player mode which includes dozens of difficult Event Match scenarios.
Playing Xbox One games on somebody else's console will also require a check-in every hour. Full Story
- Posted Jun 7, 2013 8:41 am AEST
Xbox boss Don Mattrick believes concerns over connectivity are overblown, recommends Xbox 360 for those without an Internet connection. Full Story
- Posted Jun 12, 2013 10:52 am AEST