We have been doing even further maintenance and issue investigations lately.
Resolved Technical Issues
To get you up to speed, the following issues are now resolved.
- Forum or union flooding errors
- User review not displaying immediately
- User images no longer displaying
- Harsh points loss when encountering a suspension.
Targeted Technical Issues
The following bugs may be resolved soon, but some need a little more testing.
- Fuse taking a while to load. We're moving Fuse to another server. With the amount of data that needs to be moved over, we hope to see GameSpot Fuse back online Wednesday at 1 p.m. PT at the latest.
- Cannot change Password. While this issue is being worked on, check out gmax's automated solution in this topic.
- RSS Feed Repeating. We think we figured out the problem for this issue related to international feeds, but we will need a little more testing to make sure things are displaying as intended.
- Settings Issues. For the time being, please use your Fuse settings until we can resolve the old settings issue.
Further Investigation Required
- Server error messages. We have multiple technical staff members working on a solution to the server errors, but it's taking a little more time than we thought. If you encounter these problems, please refresh the page. If the problem persists, let us know in the technical support forum.
- PC game download data missing. Please report any files you notice missing on the site in this topic.
- Misleading Search Results. We're looking into a variety of search issues you've all reported, including a way to search blogs. More information to follow at a later time.
If you have a technical issue on the site, please post it in the technical support forum. Include as much information as you can, such as the error message, your browser information, the webpage where you found the content, and a screenshot if possible.
The GameSpot staff would like to thank everyone for their messages in a recent discussion involving our plans to rebuild the site. We're working to make the new GameSpot, and we cannot wait to share more news about the changes later this year.