The King of Fighters 2001 Related Games
Fans of the off-kilter action found in the previous versus games will surely be pleased with Marvel vs. Capcom 2, as it represents the first major set of changes the series has ever seen.
- Release Date: Jun 29, 2000
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure offers fine-tuned Capcom quality with a twist, along with a unique storyline and great control.
- Release Date: Oct 31, 1999
Issues of balance aside, Capcom has produced a great game.
- Release Date: Nov 9, 2000
The Dreamcast version of Alpha 3 keeps all the great modes and additions from the PlayStation version but also uses the more powerful hardware to its benefit, delivering larger character sizes, sharper and more colorful graphics, and extremely minimal load times.
- Release Date: May 31, 2000
Those who've played any game in the Darkstalkers series will feel right at home with Vampire Chronicles.
- Release Date: Aug 10, 2000
IMPORT - Though its gameplay isn't especially deep, Millennium Fight Pro is an enjoyable slugfest that'll let you play with teams of some of the most popular 2D fighting-game characters ever created.
- Release Date: Jun 14, 2001
IMPORT: It's cut from the same cloth as countless other Capcom fighting games, but it's got more features, more characters, and more depth than a lot of them.
- Release Date: Sep 13, 2001
It's a port of one of SNK's last great NeoGeo games. It's also one of the last great games for the Dreamcast.
- Release Date: Nov 23, 2001
If you skipped out on Double Impact - or if you're fanatical about your SFIII - 3rd Strike is a good, refined 2D fighter that won't disappoint.
- Release Date: Oct 4, 2000
While I wouldn't call Marvel vs. Capcom the most balanced fighting game in the world, it makes up for its shortcomings by simply being a whole lot of fun.
- Release Date: Sep 30, 1999
There is definitely a lot to Street Fighter III.
- Release Date: Jun 19, 2000
Guilty Gear X runs on the NAOMI arcade board, and it could well be the most beautiful 2D fighter yet, with its feature high-resolution character sprites and backgrounds.
- Release Date: Dec 14, 2000
IMPORT: The game is definitely close to arcade-perfect, but when you consider the game's age and its place in the Street Fighter universe, the resulting product isn't terribly impressive.
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2000
All things considered, The Last Blade 2 for the Dreamcast is a faithful port of a good game.
- Release Date: Aug 6, 2001
Think state of the art.
- Release Date: Sep 8, 1999
Dead or Alive 2 is the hardest-hitting game in town.
- Release Date: Feb 29, 2000
As a four-player game, it's definitely one of the wildest fighters to come to the Dreamcast.
- Release Date: Aug 23, 2000
For Joe Blow on the street, Soul Calibur is still the better choice, but Virtua Fighter fans will find all they need neatly wrapped in this package.
- Release Date: Oct 18, 1999
Expect to enjoy it immensely for the first week or two, but don't expect to find very much long-term fun.
- Release Date: Aug 31, 1999
In the end, Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram is one of the most visually impressive Dreamcast games yet, alongside Soul Calibur and Shenmue.
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2000
Overall, UFC successfully merges the ease of play you'd expect from a fighting game with the simulation aspects of a sports game.
- Release Date: Aug 29, 2000
Originally designed for the Naomi hardware in arcades, the Dreamcast version looks virtually identical to its coin-op counterpart.
- Release Date: May 16, 2001
A severe lack of technological upgrades and cookie-cutter character design make this a tough game to recommend.
- Release Date: Mar 31, 2000
What will make or break this game for you is really the original and unintuitive gameplay.
- Release Date: Oct 31, 1999
With a few more months, this game could have probably turned out a lot better.
- Release Date: Nov 10, 1999
- Game Universe:
- The King of Fighters '99 (PS, NEO, ARC, NGCD),
- The King of Fighters 2001 (NEO, ARC, DC, PS2, PC),
- The King of Fighters 2002 (ARC, NEO, DC, PS2, XBOX),
- The King of Fighters 02/03 (PS2, XBOX),
- The King of Fighters NeoWave (ARC, PS2, XBOX),
- The King of Fighters '94 (ARC, NEO, NGCD),
- The King of Fighters '95 (PS, GB, ARC, NEO, SAT, NGCD),
- The King of Fighters '96 (PS, ARC, NEO, GB, SAT, NGCD),
- The King of Fighters '97 (NEO, PS, SAT, ARC, NGCD),
- The King of Fighters '98: The Slugfest (ARC, NEO, NGCD)
King of Fighters 2001 Navigation