All About Bensonator
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that once they have completed the main story mode of a game, the side missions and trophy's are only useful for bragging rights in the school yard? And being 31 years old I 'aint got a yard to brag in!
I remember when getting to the final map or area on Mario was really nerve racking and once you had killed Bowser, Mario could go home (fantastic end sequences in Mario 3 & Mario World) and rest easy having conquered the world - until the next time - which meant a whole new game. Now it just feels like developers are trying to add too much additional content instead of just making a really long game. This really came to light for me with Rage and then Batman: Arkham Asylum - where by the many side missions available don't need to be completed in order to complete the main story mode of the game. And after completing the main story mode, there are new games out there which I'm desperate to play and would rather put my time into completing those new games, rather than spending hours & hours doing side missions which won't get me anything or help me complete the game - so why bother? It also made the games feels really short and felt I had been cheated out of a full game - after completing the Joker mission in Batman i had only done 46% of the game. But I dont need to do the other 54% as already finished the main story....so...what's the point. Developers, please MAKE me complete these missions in order to complete the main game.
And trophy's too - I'd rather get a new game than spend stupid amounts of time trying to get a platinum trophy for my virtual cabinet which no one will see really, as got better things to do than spend my time showing off in virtual chat rooms. However getting rewards in the game for achieving goals is, well, rewarding - such as the challenges in Red Dead Redemption which give you something to play with in the game. And if this can help you complete the game....it's worth doing.And you get trophy's for just pressing start on some games - it's getting out of hand and would rather developers incorporated the side missions more in the main game and made them count.
I suppose many out there will love side missions and have a sense of achievement in getting all the trophy's - and I'm not taking anything away from them or arguing against it. It's just not for me and would like to see a (slight) change in how games are presented to us.
Bensonator does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send Bensonator a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"