All About Shacks210
I am now a writer for OmniGamer.com and would like you all to come over and check it out. It is still kind of new (under a year old), but everyone is trying really hard to get it going to be the next big gaming website. Come see, stay and let me know what you think.
Top Ten Games of 2011
- Skyrim – What can I say, Bethesda took everything I loved about Oblivion and made it better and gave us dragons! No matter if I am making armor, slaying dragons or simply exploring… I feel like I am at home.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – I wasn't going to put this on this year's list, simply because it is a MMO and they take a lot of time to play and get a feel for, but this game has me hooked already.
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception – Uncharted 3 gives you so much action and adventure and more importantly, it gives you some of the greatest characters in video game history.
- Resistance 3 – Insomniac gave us an almost perfect package. They took what was great from the last game and added it with what we all loved from the first and gave us Resistance 3. They also dragged us through the mud and showed us how strong the human spirit really is.
- Portal 2 – I never finished the first game, but what I did play I liked a lot. Valve took what was special from Portal and expanded on it with old characters and new ones a like and the puzzle solving was still a blast.
- Dead Space 2 – All I really wanted was more Dead Space and I got it, but I also got a main character that became human and that I really cared about. Dead Space 2 is also creepy and intense from start to finish; I was on edge the whole time.
- Batman: Arkham City – Arkham Asylum was a huge surprise and some felt like it couldn't be done twice. Rocksteady proved those people wrong. Although the open worldness isn't what I expected and some of the story was bland. This is an all around good game.
- Saint's Row: The Third – Crazy and insane hardly do this game justice. Everything is out of control and although I love that, something is missing that I can't place. No matter what, it was one hell of a ride.
- Red Faction: Armageddon – At first I was not finding this game that great, but once I shut my brain off and paid little attention to the story, I found myself loving all the destruction and killing of aliens.
- L.A. Noire – Team Boni, say what you will about them, they created something good here. L.A. Noire reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed, it is very refreshing and new, but so repetitive that playing it became a chore. With that said, in the long run was fun for the most part playing detective.
Honorable mention (By Release Date)
- DCUO Release Date: Jan 11, 2011 – I started to feel how repetitive this game really was and it needs a lot of work, but being a superhero or villain is a lot of fun. This game took many of my hours.
- Mass Effect 2 Release Date: Jan 18, 2011 – I had to add this game, it may not have officially came out in 2011, but it did on PS3 and I still loved playing it.
- Socom 4 Release Date: Apr 19, 2011 – Socom fans for the most part don't like the new changes Zipper made, but I do and I understand why they did it. Maybe it is not perfect, but it showed me Zipper does care. The main story was also not great, but had some depth that the series never had before.
- Outland Release Date: Jun 14, 2011 – I have yet to finish this game, and that really is too made. It is an amazing sidescroller and it looks absolutely beautiful. I have heard it called a tribal version of Tron and I have to agree.
- Apples to Apples Release Date: Dec 20, 2011 – I added this simply because it came out late at the end of the year and didn't seem to get much attention. Apples to Apples is a fun table top game and now it is a great video game. The single player is useless, but the online is so much fun. This is a game to get the family together for.
If you have no parties to go to or don't care to watch the ball drop, come and listen to me and my Canadian counter parts in out live podcast. You can listen and chat with us at http://tinychat.com/deathsdoorprods
Show starts at 10pm Eastern time.
My Recent Reviews
Microsoft kicked off GDC with red! Here, the BBC spotted this Xbox 360 demo kiosk that has been RRoD'd.
This video I made is not to push any side really. It is anti war, but it is mostly just showing what war really is.
More fun with ventrilo.
Jun 18, 2013 10:44 pm GMTShacks210 posted a new blog entry entitled I write for a website now! It is all about video games. Check it out.
Jun 18, 2013 1:27 pm GMTShacks210 reviewed The Last of Us and gave it a score of 10.0
Mar 29, 2013 7:42 pm GMTShacks210 reviewed Tomb Raider and gave it a score of 9.0