All About TyrannicFeenix
With the new consoles rumoured to be making an appearance at E3 this year, I thought I'd share my thoughts and see what people think.
1. First and foremost I am hoping that Sony drop all backwards compatibility (except maybe the HD remakes, they may still be able to work as digital downloads or be revamped for the new system). That way they can clear the way for a completely new system, and not have to tie themselves down with making hardware that works with the old software.
This should result in a much more dynamic experience in the next gen.
2. On the other hand I pray they keep the HDDs as user upgradeable, or start packaging them with much more substantial HDD sizes, 160Gb is a joke in an age where they are trying to force digital downloading down our throats.
Especially given all the different tasks the PS3 is capable of, all of which take up that precious HDD space.
3. Would be nice, though possibly unnecessary, to have a port where you could insert Vita games and play them on the PS4. Not too sure on just how the inter-compatibility of the devices work so as I said this may be a useless idea but would be nice nonetheless.
4. MORE PORTS!!! With all the peripherals now available for the PS3, having just two USB ports is a complete joke. If you play many Move games and have a a PlayTV you have to have separate chargers just to maintain your controllers. Also would love to see the PlayTV incorporated into the actual unit this time, and with more tuners, to allow recording of simultaneous programs. Only real let down with that software.
1. Please whatever else you do, don't be stupid and try to make a new format for your games, or even worse continue using DVD. Blu-ray is here to stay, and instantly makes your unit more attractive as it would play all the movie-disc formats available.
2. Maybe it's wishful thinking but it would be nice to be able to have any games (that are compatible) that you download from the Arcade, also be available to download for the PC (even if it is only a discount on the game rather than free access).
3. This is aimed at Sony and Microsoft. Pull your heads out of your asses and instead of penalising your customers for buying one console or the other, have cross-platform multiplayer. I'm no genius and don't know just how difficult it would be to implement, but if someone buys CoD (sorry best example I could think of spur-of-the-moment) on Xbox, they should be able to play against their friends who have it on the PS4.
1. Same as the Xbox. How can you make a next-gen console that runs off DVD's? Make the most of the tech that is available. Utilising old tech like this is going to hold back the entire generation as devs will have to dial back the game to make it fit, or release special dialled down editions for the Wii-U.
2. Ditch the points system for buying stuff of your network. Same goes for Xbox, what is wrong with simple dollars and cents (or whatever currency a particular region uses) It allows for much easier comparison between consoles and keeps things simpler for the general public. And doesn't lull us into the sense that we're not actually spending money.
That's all I can think of just now, might add more by comment later. So what is everyone else's thoughts?
My Recent Reviews
Some people just don't have opinions. Like TyrannicFeenix.
Apr 25, 2013 4:54 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Tomb Raider to their owned game list
Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Tom Clancy's HAWX to their owned game list
Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix began Following Ratchet: Deadlocked
Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Ratchet: Deadlocked to their wish list
Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix began Following Terraria
Apr 25, 2013 4:48 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Terraria to their owned game list
Apr 25, 2013 4:47 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Mass Effect 3 to their owned game list
Apr 25, 2013 4:47 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Mass Effect 2 to their owned game list
Apr 25, 2013 4:46 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix added Mass Effect to their owned game list
Apr 25, 2013 4:46 pm GMTTyrannicFeenix began Following Dragon Age III: Inquisition