All About screamingdoom
Hello again, a few things have happened in 2 months since I last blogged. I bought another gig of ram for my pc, so now I have 3 gig, but it's not installed in my PC yet. SP1 is really making my PC smoother...well done Microsoft I guess. Guess what! I also bought Virtua Tennis 3 for PC for the biggest bargain I've ever gotten. On Xbox 360 it's at least $90, but Kmart were having a big clearance special and I got it for PC for $4! I know that's so cheap that I couldn't believe it...madness. Anyway I've just filled out a survey saying what I want new in Crysis 2. Here's what I want (so far...it's from a post I made about the topic):
Anyway what did people want to see improved in Crysis 2. I wanted better and more varied A.I, more tools and weapons, a longer game with a better story, physics puzzles and activities, larger more intense battles with lots of things happening at once...so tanks, more friendly A.I. fighting alonside you and generally a bit more like a real war (but not throughout the whole game, just some parts).
I also would like a new nanosuit power or two maybe something like a force push or a force pull which I think would be really awesome in a game like this. I want team multiplayer, less glitches, more multiplayer modes and a coop mode for single player with up to 4 players. I want more npc interaction and I want more fauna; so deer, cattle, parrots, snakes, wild boar and whatever else fits the gaming environment that is chosen. And if it's to be linear in some parts, make it good.
6Mar 08Okay this was a post I made just a second ago. But i want in my blog also. It's a series of events that happens after I download and install the Crysis1.2 patch:
Oh my goodness! The patch is cursed! I downloaded it, then installed it. Everything was fine, until I loaded up the game. I walked a little way and then the game crashed. So I loaded it up again twice more and the game crashed each time. I loaded it up in DX9 for a fourth time, and this time the game didn't just crash but took my entire computer with it. I got a black screen and then the computer shut down. Then it tried to power up again and again and again, but was unable to. I turned it off at the wall then back on again, then pressed the power button and nothing happened.
I thought, oh no, power supply is dead. So I take out the power supply and put in an old 300w one. It powers up. Great, my supposedly high quality Corsair power supply has died after 4 months. I've had to take out my 8800GTS, and now I'll have to game with an old ATI X1300 that I had lying around in my drawers, while I wait for a replacement psu. Everyone beware: The patch is cursed! Na j/k, but but this sucks.
If you want to see cheating, just go play Crysis multiplayer. Yes, beware everyone who dares walk the maps of Crysis. Hackers will head shot you, teleport about you, fly over you and generally slice, dice and destroy you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. The worst thing though, is that Crytek, so far, has done nothing to remedy the problem. It's very unfortunate, because I think Crysis' multiplayer is actually very fun and underrated. Anyway, I'll give a list of some of the cheats and hacks I've observed people pull off in that game:
1. I've seen people flying. Yes literally walking around in the air above other players and above the buildings.
2. People jumping from one side of the map to the other side. Strength is great, but it's not that great.
3. I think it's called an aimbot, but I've been shot once by a pistol and killed, despite having 100% health (just looked it up, it's called a one shot one kill hack). The worst that's ever happened to me, was getting head-shotted and killed instantly by a shotgun from a mile away (not literally but it was very far away). Trust me the shotgun is not that effective in Crysis multiplayer (or any multiplayer)
4. Smg's which shoot ice. I've been frozen and subsequently killed by one of these.
5. 5. I once tried to shoot someone who was crouched. The problem was, after I shot one bullet, he took off, still in the crouch position, at a speed which was barely viewable. I've read about other people seeing this hack, and it's meant to be a hack which allows one to move at light speed. Trying to shoot a man, who was crouched a moving at light speed is not fun.
6. I've seen people turn literally invisible (by watching as spectator). I'm not talking cloak, which is still visible, but actually invisible. You cannot see them at all (apart from their shadow).
7. People with unlimited nukes literally flattening a level and everything within it (as well as people doing the aforementioned flying, and shooting unlimited nukes down below).
8. People moving through walls.
9. I've seen people teleport from one location to another. In one gun fight a guy in front of me teleported and appeared behind me, subsequently killing me.
10. There are other more minor mundane hacks such as all weapons, unlimited ammo, run faster and many others. Just type in crysis hacks in google and you'll find them.
Honestly it is sooo annoying and just unfair. I can understand the fun of doing it the first or second time, but in Crysis multiplayer there are actually groups of people (always the same people as well) who every night, come onto the servers, with the main aim of hacking, cheating and generally ruining multiplayer for everyone. I don't get the mentality of these people. Surely you have more of a life, than getting a kick out of cheating your way to victory on an online game. Punkbuster does nothing, and Crytek haven't fixed the problem. I actually really like Crysis multiplayer, but my patience is thinning. Fix it Crytek, or I may boycott Crysis 2. Yes you heard me; I paid for a multiplayer experience, as well as a single player experience, and I want to be able to play the multiplayer without the annoyance of cheating fools.
My Recent Reviews
Some people just don't have opinions. Like screamingdoom.
screamingdoom does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send screamingdoom a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"